We are absolutely delighted to be able to announce the return of the photography competition to this year’s Waiheke Walking Festival.
We have three award winning photographers who are not only generously donating their time to guide photography walks during the Festival but will also be judging our digital photography competition.
- Capturing the Festival Spirit – open to all Festival goers across all walks.
- Best iPhone image – open to all Festival goers across all walks.
- Emma Hughes: A personal response to your surroundings; capturing the feeling of the environment.
- Peter Rees: Getting your camera out of ‘auto’ mode and starting to really use light and composition to improve your images.
- Peter Rees: Composing the image: Peter suggests a range of concepts to dramatically improve the way you ‘frame’ your composition. Perspective, leading lines, tonal contrast and the use of foreground activity will all contribute to your final image.
- Phillipa Karn: Increasing Your Awareness of Light.
We will have some great prizes on offer from our sponsors, details of these to be announced shortly.
Each person can enter a maximum of two entries per category.
Only high resolution (excluding iPhone category) digital images will be accepted, images to be submitted to email@example.com.
All entries must be received by … (details coming soon).
Winners will be announced and prizes awarded in December.
Use of photography for Waiheke Walking Festival promotional purposes
Please identify when you are submitting your entries whether you are happy for us to use your photos for future promotional purposes associated with the Waiheke Walking Festival. You will be acknowledged as the photographer.
All category winners agree to the use of winning images in future promotional purposes specifically related to the Waiheke Walking Festival. You will be acknowledged as the photographer.